Donation Request Policies
Charitable Items Donations Guidelines
The Athletic Department will not support:
- The necessary application must be completed in its entirety, a minimum of two weeks prior to the requested deadline, before LMU Athletics will consider the request.
- Completion of a request form in a timely manner, and approval from the Compliance Office, does not guarantee the Athletic Department will fulfill the request.
- LMU Athletic items will not be donated to other colleges or universities.
- Pursuant to NCAA regulations, items will not be donated to any entity that benefits a high-school, high-school aged students, or affiliates of any high-school aged students. This includes not allowing items to be donated to a charity that is raising money for scholarships.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Organizations that discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, gender or national origin.
- Individuals (Donations are only provided to non-profit organizations not individuals).
- Organizations or programs designed to influence legislation or elect candidates to public office.
- Organizations not registered as a charity or 'not-for-profit' entity.
- Organizations that do not adhere to NCAA rules and regulations.
Is LMU Athletics able to accept personal items, such as a T-shirt or ball to be autographed by members of the team?
No, LMU Athletics will not accept items to be autographed. Any item received by the Athletics Department will be returned unsigned. You can purchase specific items from the LMU Athletic Department to be autographed.
Will LMU Athletics mail my organization an autographed item?
No, LMU Athletics does not pay for shipping. You may choose to pick up the autographed item from the Athletic Department or arrange for a self-paid UPS or Fed Ex Self delivery
Can an autographed item be used as an auction or raffle item at a fundraiser?
Yes (with proper approval from the Compliance Office).
Does LMU Athletics make autographed items available to individuals?
No, LMU Athletics provides autographed items to charitable, educational, and some institutional entities. Typically, this is limited to organizations, not individuals. If an individual were to sell an item autographed by current student-athletes that was provided by LMU Athletics, an NCAA rules violation would result and may render those student-athlete ineligible for competition.
Will LMU Athletics consider a donation to a profitable corporate entity?
No. This rule is strictly enforced and governed by the NCAA. LMU Athletics is also prohibited from providing any item to a charitable organization/event that is sponsored or cosponsored by a commercial entity.
I received an item for a charitable organization last year. Can I receive another item this year?
LMU Athletics will provide a maximum of one autographed item per organization, per year. Receipt of an item in no way guarantees subsequent donations.